Austin Cauthen (age 7) needs to be mobile
Austin suffers from a very rare muscle condition known as Myotubular Myopathy. Only 3 people in SC and 2 in NC have been diagnosed with this condition.
- Austin was born 6 weeks premature and only weighed 4 pounds. He barely took 2 breaths before having to be intubated.
- At 2 months old, he was diagnosed with Myotubular Myopathy.
- He cannot maintain his airway, making respiratory failure the largest threat to his life.
- A tracheotomy helps him breathe, but the machines must be monitored 24/7.
- Austin can’t walk, talk, sit, stand, crawl, roll, or swallow and requires a feeding tube.
- His muscles are weak but his brain is strong. Austin is now learning sign language.
Shawn, Emily and Austin need a used wheelchair accessible conversion van to transport Austin in his wheelchair plus all the life saving equipment required for his safety. These vehicles are very expensive, even one several years old will cost upwards of $25,000.
PUBLIC FUNDRAISERS – Sunday, November 19th
All Things Possible Ministries will hold public fundraising events to raise the money for this van. There will be 2 events held simultaneously in 2 different HWY 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries locations on the same day.
These 2 locations for HWY55 will donate 40% of their sales for that entire day toward this cause!
If you’re not familiar with HWY55, they are a retro-themed diner and one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the US. You need to eat somewhere – so please come to HWY55 on Sunday 11/19 where simply eating a meal will bless this local family in need of help and hope. There will be donation jars at each location in case you are able to make an additional contribution. Restaurant hours are from 11:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Date: SUNDAY, 11/19/17
Location #1 – Hwy55 in Indian Land, SC
8348 Charlotte Hwy, Suite B
Fort Mill, SC
The Cauthen family will be there from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm to thank you personally for your donation.
Location #2 – Hwy55 in Lancaster, SC
683 South Carolina 9 Bypass
Lancaster, SC 29720
The Cauthen family will be at this location from 1:15 – 2:45 pm to thank you personally for your donation.
If you are unable to attend, you can mail a donation check to:
All Things Possible Ministries
3160 Hwy 21, Suite 103, Box #57
Fort Mill, SC 29715
Make the check out to All Things Possible Ministries. In the Memo, just write MEDICAL.
You can also Donate Here toward Austin’s Van: