This family has experienced so much in the last 4+ years
Vicki Johnson was rejected for disability, but will keep trying. She was rejected for Medicaid because she receives some survivor benefits from her husband’s death. But that’s not nearly enough to support a family of 4, let alone pay these unexpected medical bills, most of which have gone to collection agencies. Lawyers are calling her demanding payment.
Vicki has more than enough on her plate without this added stress. She should be able to focus on her treatment, her family and her recovery, but she can’t. Not without your help.
Vicki's Medical Fundraiser's at The Wine Cellar and Brickhouse Tavern
- Vicki’s husband died unexpectedly in 2010.
- She is raising 2 teenagers on her own.
- An on the job injury sidelined her nursing career in 2011.
- Vicki was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2014.
- Her mother (who has Alzheimer’s) moved in with Vicki’s family.
- A double mastectomy, then radiation and more chemo followed.
- Recently her ovaries were removed to keep the cancer from spreading.